Sunday, April 10, 2005

Somebody Else's Shoes - Prague (April 2004)


Not content with taking pictures of my own shoes, I found somebody else's lying in the street early one morning and took a picture of them. A homeless fellow walked by and started laughing at me for taking pictures of shoes on the ground. He said, "Unbelievable! You'll take a picture of anything these days won't you?" I just laughed and nodded, not quick enough to come up with an adequate response in Czech.

I could speculate about the reason that these shoes were lying in the middle of the cobblestone street, but I'll let the reader do their own speculation, as it would probably be as good a guess as mine. They looked to be in decent shape, as far as men's dress shoes go. They were used but still usable and worn but still wearable. I left them there for the next homeless guy to stake a claim on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home