Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Princezna Veronika in Dandelion Regalia - Lany (April 2004)


This would be my young friend Verunka, who spoke nearly no English during my days in her noble country. She is the little sister of one of my good friends. Our communication was limited to what simple Czech phrases I could come up with for her amusement. Conversations usually consisted of short pleasantries followed by me calling her a little bird, a camel, or an elephant. She would retaliate in kind, calling me a little bird, a camel, or an elephant (sometimes even an octopus) and informing me that she was a human. I would then explain to her that she had no idea what she was talking about and that I was the one who was human, and she was the one who was a little bird, a camel, or an elephant. This cycle would repeat, with nearly weekly regularity and minimal variation, until one or the other of us was tired of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, July 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home