Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sunset over Joshua Tree - Joshua Tree National Park (January 2007)

This is a venture into a new realm of photography for me.  To get this shot I stitched 8 images together for a shot with a resolution high enough to print at 2.5x5 feet.  I plan to do some more like this.

In addition, my clinical instructor and I lost a patient in the hospital the other day.  By "lost," I mean that she escaped from us, not that she died.  She was a 15-yr old paraplegic (hit by a van and then a car while crossing the street a few weeks ago because she was pushing her friend out of the way), who we put in a wheelchair to get some exercise.  We told her to go down a hallway, turn around, and come back, while we wrote a note in her chart.   Well, we finished the note, looked for her, and she was no longer on the same floor as us.  Uh oh.  Big hospital.

She must have misunderstood, because I don't recall saying, "Go to the end of the hallway, turn around, and promptly disappear."  But, I don't think it helped that we sent her toward the elevators, either.

Well, being calm, cool, and collected individuals, my instructor and I first went down to the lobby and front entrance to see if she had decided to go outside for some fresh air.  Luckily, she had, and we found her sitting with a friend she'd met on the floor.  Code purple, averted.  Phew.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is wonderful!
The stitching really worked well, and has almost a alien type feel to it.
Mars? :)

Thursday, January 11, 2007  
Blogger WagenerSmiths said...

This is gorgeous! Manual-intensive though with the stitching? Would love to see it blown up. Definitely take more like this :)

Tuesday, March 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home