Monday, February 21, 2005

Umbrella in the Desert (Summer 2001)


I'm a big fan of the ironic, and this was a chance to portray some irony in a picture. It was actually raining as my brother and I left the car to venture out over the dunes (Great Sand Dunes National Monument), which led me to bring the umbrella along. I wasn't sure if this picture had actually taken, as it was the last shot I got off before my battery died and the camera locked up. I didn't have an extra battery with me, so I missed out on all the other good shots I had the opportunity to take on this trip. It's just a reason to go back. At least I was pleasantly surprised when this shot actually came through.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your picture. you know what is my biggest pet-peeve? misuse of the word 'ironic'. most people use it to mean strange or unusual. that just makes me mad. your use of 'irony' was good though, and made me smile.

Thursday, January 12, 2006  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

That's true, many people can't get a grasp on the meaning of the word. I think one of the best uses of "ironic" was in the Alanis Morrissette song, where you expect to hear a song about irony and then you get a song about unfortunate coincidences.

Friday, January 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home