Saturday, November 19, 2005

On Top - Joshua Tree National Park (Fall 2004)


This rock was the first thing I climbed after a long absence from the climbing realm. I did the corner leading up the right side of the rock in this picture, and must say, it showed me just how much work I needed to do to get back into climbing. It's just a 5.6, albeit a Joshua Tree 5.6, but it scared me to death. Heights and I do not get along at all. I can hear you asking, "Why does he climb?" Well, many reasons. Rocks and cliffs have always intrigued me. Learning to move oneself up a seemingly impossible route is greatly rewarding. The comraderie that exists among climbers is unique. Climbing gets me out into nature, and nature is an excellent way of escaping the artificial and incredibly empty world that most humans have chosen to place themselves in nowadays. Epinephrine is my friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home