Sunday, May 21, 2006

Window and Garden - San Bernardino, California (May 2006)


This is my first venture into a new realm of photography called HDR. HDR stands for high dynamic range, and involves taking several shots of the same scene at around 2 stops difference in exposure values. Then software is used to combine the photos into a single one which captures all of the lighting variations within the scene. After this is done, you can use a tone mapping program to bring out the details you feel are most important. It's a little more complex than I'm describing here, so if you want to learn more, google "HDR photography." This particular photo isn't the best example of the technique, but I'm learning. I used a trial version of Photomatix to process this image, which is why it's watermarked.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linz Organist said...

This is exciting! I think I'll lay down my camera and just enjoy the work of mr. worth-his-salt. :)

Sunday, May 21, 2006  
Blogger TheTart said...

So beautiful. There is a tea shop in my community & a photographer has provided his photos doing HDR. Very cool!

Smooch,
The Tart
; )

Tuesday, May 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home