Thursday, October 27, 2005

Architecture - Munich (May 2004)


A classmate called me "wily" today while looking at me in half jest with a squinty eye. There have been many adjectives used to describe me, but I don't think one that means "marked by skill in deception" does the job very accurately. Perhaps if I were a deceitful person I would have skill in that area, I don't know. At any rate, here is a building with some wily architecture. All I know about this building is that it was in Munich. I've spent a minimal amount of time there, so unfortunately my knowledge of that city is quite limited. It is an enjoyable city to be in, but I don't consider it "mine" as I do with Prague. On stating that, it's still amusing to me that a person can claim ownership of an entire city, town, or even country for that matter. It's just what humans do. Well, one thing my time in the Czech Republic taught me was that I have no reason to hold any allegiance to America -- it's done me few favors in recent years; though I am still an American by title, I am an Earthling by birth.

2 Comments:

Blogger jy said...

sometimes when you spend too much time at any place, you become progressively blind to the architecture , to the city itself, s perhaps, small doses of a place are just the right prescription!

p.s. your "photo" looks nothing like a modernized sir sidney! - that's a compliment!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

Well thank you very much. Be sure to check out the archives for some other good photos.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home