Thursday, January 26, 2006

Cacti - Joshua Tree National Park (March 2004)


These are some of the famous cacti you can find at Joshua Tree. I don't usually pay them any mind due to other more important things.

So I've got to give up this soccer stuff, I think. I pulled my left quad within 3 minutes of starting my first game today. I knew it would happen because the same thing happened last year the second game of the season. "Well, why didn't you stretch?" I can hear you saying it now. Well, wise one, I did stretch, and I did some warmup jogging as well, and it didn't work, so no more comments from the peanut gallery. That doesn't mean *you* shouldn't stretch before exercise, because it's still an excellent means to stay healthy, and I'll continue to do so myself in spite of its failure in this instance.

Midterms are upon me, which you may have guessed by the brevity of my previous post. Time to go study some respiratory therapy.

3 Comments:

Blogger jerry said...

Well, Marty, you have clearly been enlightened in the ways of warmup and cooldown exercises.

I would not have accused you of neglecting or abusing your own body - the problem might actually be more serious.


This site
might shed some more light on the possibilities of your condition.


In the meantime, this journal may have some helpful suggestions for new games you can play that aren't so rigorous or demanding.

Friday, January 27, 2006  
Blogger jerry said...

ps - are those cholla cactuses?

Friday, January 27, 2006  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

Thank you Gerald for the links. They've been extremely helpful. And yes, these are the cacti you have named.

Friday, January 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home