Friday, January 20, 2006

Tree Skeleton - Shelf Road, Colorado (Summer 2001)


Last night I played 2 games of soccer after not having played for nearly a year, and I feel like this tree now. I've got a bad case of delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS). It can be felt throughout my entire body, including my thenar and hypothenar muscles (just kidding, but you still have to look up thenar and hypothenar). I expect that it will continue to get worse overnight, and I don't know if I'll be able to move in the morning. Hopefully, I'll be more conditioned for next Thursday's round of games.

4 Comments:

Blogger batool said...

lol..no bit of wisdom here. Only the next time i play basketball, i wont be able to just say that i am tired, i'll probably be using the line " i have got a bad case of delayed onset muscle soreness" and yes! i do have to look up thenar and hypothenar muscles. I didnt even know i had these muscles!

Friday, January 20, 2006  
Blogger Ijsbreker said...

Did you happen to climb at Shelf Road when you took this pic? Check it out:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/routes/listArea.php?AreaID=29

The pic is great. I did my bi-weekly training in the climbing gym last night. My muscle soreness was immediate, not delayed. So I guess I had IOMS!

Friday, January 20, 2006  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

I spent 2 months working in Colorado Springs, so I was able to make it down to Shelf Road several of the weekends I was there. It's a pretty phenomenal climbing spot. I didn't see any of the bouldering there though, as that was before I got into bouldering.

Saturday, January 21, 2006  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

Did you get an x-ray?

Saturday, January 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home