Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Baby Infestation - Prague (Spring 2003)


Prague has a rather large telecommunications tower built in one corner of the city, which is easily seen from all other corners, it would seem. It's a bit of a monstrosity, and is known by several not-so-nice nicknames, which I'll not mention here. I liked to call it the missile silo, although I don't think the name has stuck anywhere aside from my own rather pointy head (my head's not really pointy).

At any rate, there was an artist, David Cerny, who felt that this tower had a fever and the only prescription was more babies. So, monstrous babies and more monstrous babies were placed in all sorts of crawling configurations up and down its sides. I assume the fever has subsided by now, but the babies remain.


News Article about Zizkov TV Tower

2 Comments:

Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

Obviously not. Silly artist.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

They were having to do all kinds of public service announcements when I was there about the importance of getting pregnant. The population was beginning to dwindle so much that they were afraid that Czechs would become extinct.

Thursday, January 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home