Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sucka! - Cohutta Wilderness, Georgia (Late 2000 or Early 2001)


Since I just posted a picture of a Big Three member, and this, being one of my favorite photos of all time, features another member, I figure it's as good a time as any to post it.

I'm happy to report that the 2nd Annual Red Rocks Climbing Conference went off well, as was to be expected. Some of last year's crowd was there, along with many faces new to the Red Rocks Martin Luther King weekend scene. The weather this year was a bit less predictable than last year, as we dealt with a modicum of snowballfall and some biting wind at times, not to mention long restaurant waits, but all-in-all it was a perfect weekend. I'm already looking forward to next year.


Also to come out of this weekend is my definition of the word "forest."

Forest: Something which, for the trees, cannot be seen .

2 Comments:

Blogger jerry said...

Does that mean, then, that forests are invisible?

Wednesday, January 18, 2006  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

Ah Gerald, no no no. It means that a forest is something that actually has trees, unlike many of the national "forests" I see out west.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home