Saturday, April 01, 2006

Ripples - White Sands, New Mexico (July 2004)


I decided today that when Monday rolls around, I'm going to drop out of school and pursue my lifelong dream of being a bricklayer. The world needs bricklayers who will lay their bricks with gusto and panache and all sorts of more obscure words (vis vitae). Otherwise we're relegated to grey post-modern concrete buildings assembled with no personality whatsoever. What an unfortunate state of being! Who will join me in my mission to change the face of architecture in this country? I'll go in with you 50/50.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tanager said...

I'm glad you have finally seen the light. There is a great need for bricklayers with panache. I am looking forward to seeing some of your work. Mom

Saturday, April 01, 2006  
Blogger Calluna said...

Marty! How did you know that I creatd a blog?? Are you clairvoyant (or did you just somehow receive notification that I made a link to your page)? Wow. You could make money with that talent. Then you could be a bricklayer just for fun! A bricklayer for bricklaying's sake.

Saturday, April 01, 2006  
Blogger Linz Organist said...

Yay! More white sand. :) And about the architecture, I'm there! It's been a dream since childhood.

Sunday, April 02, 2006  
Blogger TheTart said...

ME! Great news, I am already job-free. What shall we build. Something with lotsa different styles and textures. K?

Cool sandy ripple reflective pic, natch!

Smooch,
The Tart

Sunday, April 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home