Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sunflower - Tennessee Countryside (Summer 2001)


This is the first photo I took after I got my Canon F2.8 70-200mm L series lens. It has been providing me with incredible images ever since. The lens is what makes a photo, more than anything else. If you want truly good photographs, pay more for your lens collection than you do for your camera body.

Now that another set of finals is behind me (I only have one more set to go, amazingly), I am off on a canoe trip down a portion of the Colorado River. I'll be putting in, from what I understand, just below the Hoover Dam, and winding up somewhere downstream from there. At least, one would assume so. I've been debating for some time on whether or not my camera should go on this trip with me, and I believe there is no choice but for it to come along. I have to find a way of ensuring its safety though. Wish me luck.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tanager said...

Well, aside from buying a waterproof pack I would suggest keeping your lenses as well as the camera body in a heavy duty ziplock bag(s). They make zip locks quite large now,large enough I believe to put your whole camera back pack in. There you have it, a suggestion from a wise old man.

Thursday, March 16, 2006  
Blogger batool said...

I cant imagine you not taking any pictures and going anywhere without your camera. I look forward to seeing incredible photographs from your trip. Have fun!

Friday, March 17, 2006  
Blogger Sad said...

Sunflowers are Happy flowers dont you think!

Monday, March 20, 2006  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

That they are, Saddy, that they are. And the suggestion to use ziplocks was pure brilliance. I'll be writing up my canoeing experience shortly.

Monday, March 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home