Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Moss - Melbourne, Florida (Spring 2004)


This is some moss growing on a log that jutted out into the water. As you can see, it is green.

I, however, am not green. This is a fact for which I am thankful because rumor has it that being green is not so easy. I did not ask this log for any input on the subject, but had I done so, I'm sure it would have had much to say. On that extraordinarily odd note, I leave you to go study for my last final exam of the quarter. I'm happy to report that I've survived all of them up until this point. Sorry I haven't done a better job maintaining the play-by-play. Really, it's probably none of the internet's business anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sad said...

Your comment reminds me of Kermit the frog... My favorite character from Sesame Street when i was little...

Thank you for your wishes. I am certainly looking forward to a new beginning.

Thursday, March 16, 2006  
Blogger Michael said...

It's not that easy bein' green;
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves.
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold-
or something much more colorful like that.

It's not easy bein' green.
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things.
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water- or stars in the sky.

But green's the color of Spring.
And green can be cool and friendly-like.
And green can be big like an ocean, or important like a mountain, or tall like a tree.

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why? Wonder,
I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful!
And I think it's what I want to be.

Thursday, March 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home