Friday, March 10, 2006

Church and River - Cesky Krumlov (Fall 2001)


At the risk of tiring my readers of seeing Cesky Krumlov photos, here is the view looking up the river from slightly below where the last three photos I posted were taken. I've probably taken more photos from this short stretch of river than from any other single location in the world. I don't know what that's really saying, but it's an interesting fact.

Anyway, since I've been in grad school, I've rediscovered the art of the nap. When I was a child, I don't know that I ever liked naps. I'm certain that I hated them when I was in first and second grade. I never once fell asleep during the mandatory nap times required at my school. I simply wasn't tired, and no amount of coaxing or coercion would elicit a sleep state in me. Now fast forward to grad school, and I only *wish* we had mandatory nap time every afternoon during class. (Actually, I think some of my classmates do...)

Today, I noticed, while attempting to start writing a paper around 4 o'clock, that I was feeling a bit cranky. Normally, cranky is not a word that would be used to describe me, but sadly, today I was cranky. So, rather than go on being cranky, I realized it was time for a nap. When I woke up two hours later, I was no longer cranky. Of course, I still had a paper to write, but I could write it in a less irritable state, and therefore be more productive about it.

I think the world just needs one big nap.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My bit o wisdom is that first Marty's photos are amazing. Second, I am one of those who takes mandatory naps during class. It is mandatory for a few reasons - Beginning with: so I will not be "cranky", to save my friends the burden, to wake me up for the second half of class, and to give the professor a subtle hint that - again- she is speaking waaaay too slowly to retain my interest. Plus I like sleep :) (Don't sleep in class next to Marty, he will poke you or stick his finger in your ear)!

Saturday, March 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home