Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Path - Czech Countryside (Spring 2002)


"You'll understand when you're older."

This is a phrase commonly used by parents to placate their inquisitive offspring. I'm not sure if mine ever used it, but I've heard it plenty of other places. Well, I'm older now, although I could hardly call myself old, and I understand. I understand that there are many things nobody ever grows old enough to understand. I also understand that there are many people who have grown old enough to think they understand. Perhaps I am one of them. Chew on that.

Anyway, we all have our paths to walk, and those paths lead us past different things and may have any number of forks, even if the destination is the same. And that is the point, isn't it? Well, no, it's not *the* point, but it is one of them.

8 Comments:

Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

Advanced Calculus and Differential Equations are hardly essential knowledge for understanding life.

Thursday, February 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps the lack of a strong base in Advanced Calculus and Differential Equations lends one to be less prepared to understand life. Maybe you will understand when you are older. There, now one of yor parents has told you that.

Thursday, February 23, 2006  
Blogger Ijsbreker said...

i'd say that just about everything you need to know about life is depicted in your photograph.

Thursday, February 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a 98% on my last two Differential Equations tests. :p

Saturday, February 25, 2006  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

You are to be commended on your accumulation of nonessential knowledge.

Saturday, February 25, 2006  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

What I am referring to as essential is something that a tribal warrior or some such individual confronting nature and the elements on a day-to-day basis would need in his daily life. We do not need differential equations to function, although I don't dispute that they are useful.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how many tribal warriors are around nowadays?

Wednesday, March 01, 2006  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

Just the one whose blog you have commented on here.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home