Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Train Ride - Spring 2002


Happy Valentine's Day, to those who keep track of such things. I thought this was an appropriate photo for the occasion.

After being urged to do so by a concerned friend, I was washing my car today at one of those outdoor spray and wash coin-operated contraptions. An interesting thing happened. As I was spraying the car down with the pressure washer, I heard a rustling sound behind me and turned around to see a partially-deflated, shiny, red, heart-shaped helium balloon bounce/float it's way by. There was no sign as to its origin, and I'm sure it knew not its own destination. But in spite of that, I thought "How profound."

I could write a lot about the metaphorical nature of this event, but I'll not waste your time with it. I'm sure you can create a personalized metaphor of your own, which would have more meaning to you than anything I could come up with. And actually, I'd like to hear what metaphors you come up with. Leave me a comment.

4 Comments:

Blogger Linz Organist said...

I can't think of a more fitting illustration of how love without anchors won't last.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Sad said...

I agree with linz... but somtimes it is the anchors that weigh us down and in essence never let us be free even when the balloon has burst!

For my own take on love and valentines day and all that... read my valentines day post.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

you know, that is not a metaphor I would have come up with michael, but it is remarkably good.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006  
Blogger praguelodyte said...

Can't think of a metaphor. But the floating heart is much better than the floating plastic bag in 'American Beauty.'

;)

Tuesday, February 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home