Thursday, May 04, 2006

Chrome - California (April 2006)


I've decided one actually can have too many flowers in one's life, so here is a new departure from that theme.

Also, at this point in my academic career I have to remind myself on a daily basis that the end of the classroom portion of my doctoral education is mere weeks away. I think it helps make the pain a little more tolerable. Tonight, I've written 3 papers, redone 2 others, and have one more (the big one) to do before the sun rises. Ah, it's not as bad as it sounds; I found time to post this picture, didn't I?

When I was in high school, I heard a speaker make an interesting comparison between education and the act of drinking water. He stated that when it starts in elementary school, it is like drinking out of a leaky faucet. Drip, drip, drip...

As time goes by, somebody starts turning the handles of the faucet, and by high school you're drinking from a pretty regular flow of water. College comes along and they've got the water on full blast.

Then comes graduate school, and you can forget the faucet entirely because they've just pulled out a firehose, pinned you down, and aimed the nozzle straight at your head. And you know, he was right...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home