Thursday, April 27, 2006

Abstract - My Room (April 2006)


This is a drawing I did while feeling inspired a while ago. I don't draw much, but on certain days I feel compelled to do so, just as I feel compelled to do any number of odd things on any number of random days (including days which should be spent studying for midterms). Inspiration is a butterfly which must be caught before it escapes forever, afterall. This is the sort of drawing that emerges from my artistic self when that part of my brain is called to action. Let me know if it's worth my time to call my artistic self to action more often.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tanager said...

Well perhaps you might should put this particular art form on hold until after you have finished your studies. On the other hand it does show more promise than some of your pre-school work. I feel somewhat like I am looking at a Rorshack Ink Blot and I see what looks like a spouting whale. Perhaps Jonah's big fish. Anyway, don't give up PT school just yet.

Thursday, April 27, 2006  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

It does appear to be a fish of some sort, but as I was drawing it, I never had anything in mind. I letting random lines flow freely from my pencil, and this was the result. After I finished it, I noticed the fish-like shape.

Thursday, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Ijsbreker said...

hooray. i see you like ink-drawing too. my friends who are REAL artists always rag on me for never using color, but it just appeals to me more for some reason. anyway, i like your drawing, and it doesn't look too fishy to me.

Sunday, April 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home