Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Automatic Information - Podebrady (Spring 2002)


This is not a photo for art's sake, but for novelty's sake. Where else in the world can you get automatic information in no less than 4 languages for only 2 Kc (~10 cents)? Automatic information about what, you ask? Who cares, it's 10 cents, what a steal!

At least, our group thought so, so we popped in the 2 Kc and were suddenly assaulted by a loud booming garbled English voice that filled the entire room we were touring and caused other visitors to the museum to glare at us in contempt. Just a lesson for you, information that is incomprehensible is not worth any price.

We quickly fled to the next room and left the Czech museum patrons to fend for themselves. Poor souls...

5 Comments:

Blogger Calluna said...

What museum was this? 2 Kc is quite the deal.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006  
Blogger Ijsbreker said...

hey, i like the picture anyway... it kinda reminds me of a Mark Rothko painting (or some other frightening expressionist monolith). anyway, it looks good in black and white.

...funny story. i am always so afraid to push any information button

Friday, April 07, 2006  
Blogger Sad said...

Tell me, why are all the pictures you post and the events you recount, from the past always?

You mentioned your canoe trip a couple of weeks back, and how you were concerned about your camera safety... how come we never got anything out of that?

Friday, April 07, 2006  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

Calluna - this was from the castle museum in Podebrady

Sad - Most of the pictures I post are from the past because I have found it quite difficult to take pictures of the future. :)

Actually, I don't have much time for photography these days, and I also don't have a scanner on the same side of the country that I am on, and I'm too cheap to have a camera store charge me $50 to do a terrible (and I mean unforgiveably terrible) job scanning my prints to digital media.

I'll probably get around to posting pictures of the Colorado river trip within 6 months or so. But really, does it make any difference when the photos were taken? If I didn't post it here, nobody would know I didn't take them just yesterday.

Friday, April 07, 2006  
Blogger Sad said...

True... I am so late in posting this reply.. i doubt you'll read it. Btw, i wasnt complaining ... just wondering why.

Friday, April 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home