Sunday, November 06, 2005

St. Nicholas Church from Karluv Most - Prague (April 2004)


I posted a similar photo a few weeks ago, but this one was taken slightly earlier on the same morning. The street lamps were still lit at that time, as you can see.

At any rate, I have another hectic quarter of physical therapy school coming to an end in two weeks. I will be glad to have another set of classes under my belt, but at the same time, I'm trying not to get bogged down in the mentality of treating life as a destination rather than the journey it is.

I've been tempted to say, and probably have said, things like, "I'll be glad when PT school is over so I can get out and work." However, by saying things like that I put more importance on finishing school than I do on experiencing it. In doing so, I cheapen the truly unique and extraordinary enterprise this is, in and of itself.

Yes, it is difficult, and though we would all like our existences to be fraught with a certain amount of ease, such is life. Gracefully enduring the difficulties is what it's really all about. When one can be not only satisfied but also overjoyed with the experiences one has on a day-to-day basis, whether those experiences are easy or harsh, one has reached a certain level of enlightenment.

While we cannot ignore our futures, we can certainly avoid allowing those futures to dictate how we feel about the corporeal "now" that we constantly find ourselves in. The moral of the story is: Quit your complaining.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linz Organist said...

Amen!

Tuesday, November 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I have only hit your site off and on. Have spent a little while reviewing it now on a calm day I haven't had in who knows how long. Enyoyed this entry. Good reminder to me. Something I try to tell others even in concert but fail to do often times. Thanks for the reminder.

Thursday, March 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home