Monday, December 12, 2005

Spires in the Morning Mist - Prague (April 2004)


It has been well-said that Prague is the city of a hundred spires. As to what constitutes a spire, I cannot myself truly say. I shall accord that task upon my readers as I request of them the enumeration of these spires upon which they gaze in photographic representation above. When the noble task has reached completion, I beseech them to below propagate a formal declaration of their tallies.

Fare thee well in thine endeavor, and there shall exist no solitary magnate to whom thou art not highly esteemed.

6 Comments:

Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

I could have said, "How many tall pointy things do you see in this picture?" But where's the fun in that?

Monday, December 12, 2005  
Blogger jerry said...

The world hasn't become type A... We've just learned how to have fun with type A readers.

Do you know how many times you used the letter "A" in your comment? I don't.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

I have a strong aversion to Regis Philbin. One of those celebrities I could do without.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005  
Blogger Robert said...

The whole de-linking thing is simply a motivator for him to update his blog.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

It's not that I dislike him, but I just wouldn't like to be around or listen to him talk very much. And he had a computer screen to tell him the answers, so that doesn't put him in the realm of obscure knowledge.

The "final answer" phrase was fine at first, but now that it's part of the American lexicon, I think it's been taken too far. I'll get over it though. I'm strong.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I count 16. I decided to stop there because it seemed like there was a good break in spire size there....and 16 is also a power of 2. :)

(three guesses as to what my profession is)

Monday, December 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home