Saturday, December 24, 2005

Three Yucca - White Sands, New Mexico (Summer 2004)


I've always been fascinated by pictures I saw of the white sand in this place. After visiting it I can say it really is a spot that is as fascinating as its pictures. Be careful if you go in the summer, as dying of heat stroke is not as much fun as it's cracked up to be. You won't get any good pictures during the middle of the day anyway. Wait until the evening when the light is coming in from the side and casting long shadows to bring out the texture in the dunes. I do recommend backcountry camping out in the middle of the sand field. It's a unique experience.

Anyway, I'm trying to stay away from the Czech Republic as I post for the next few days or possibly weeks. If that's the only reason you visit this site, then not to worry, I'll inevitably return to posting Bohemian photos. I just don't want people to think that Prague is the only place in which I've ever taken a photograph.

7 Comments:

Blogger batool said...

Lo...Thank you for dispelling that illusion. I thought Prague was probably the world’s most photographed place in the world. Really look forward to seeing more pictures of mexico :)

Friday, December 23, 2005  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

Well, I don't know if I can help you with pictures of mexico, but I can definitely provide more from new mexico. :)

Mexico is a country, New Mexico is a state in the USA. I haven't been able to visit Mexico yet. Perhaps it will happen someday.

Friday, December 23, 2005  
Blogger ramblingmuse said...

This is a really cool pic. Looks too "picture perfect" to be real! White Sands is on my list of places to visit at some point.

Saturday, December 24, 2005  
Blogger batool said...

lol..there you go!your posting this picture has taught me something new. and to think i taught geography! well, if you ever meet someone with messed up geographical knowledge, the person will definitely be my student:)

Saturday, December 24, 2005  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

GREAT photo! :)

Monday, December 26, 2005  
Blogger jy said...

that's a really cool picture, wish could have a copy! (is that becoming a refrain?!)

really hope to have that pic or the silouhette pic to end the blog, (ending the blog with the end of the year) anyway, see ya around!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

Well, I'd be happy to have a picture made and ship it off to you, but it wouldn't be cheap, I have to warn you. It would depend on the size of the photo you wanted.

If you just want to post the picture to your blog then all you have to do is click on the photo here and it will bring up a larger version which you can save to your desktop and then post as you like. I only ask that you include a link to this site with it. I like to be given credit for the work that I've done.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home